Monday, September 5, 2011

15 Miles And Work

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD. It's been a rainy one here in my neck of the woods. Not the best of weather to be spending time outdoors, but fantastic for catching up on indoor chores. :D

So, life has been incredibly busy here to say the least. My schedule has consisted of work, church, work, church, and yet again... more work. I've not been home all that much the past two weeks. But I'm not complaining. I'm incredibly thankful for all the opportunities the LORD has blessed me with to serve. :)

Camp has been going full blast with HUGE groups. Our largest group so far has been about 300 and the smallest 90. I think in the past three weeks I have worked there, there was only one day that I had a full 30 minute break between 10 and 6:30. So yeah, as you can pretty much guess, things have been hopping around there. :D

I've been washing eggs at my neighbor's two days a week. That's on Tuesday's and Thursday's. On Tuesdays' I usually wash about 50-60 dozen eggs, and on Thursday's, about 100 dozen. They bought home about 250 more chickens this past weekend, so it looks as if my work load will double in the next few weeks. :P

My K-3 teaching job started this past week. That was quite the interesting day. As for how that is going to go for the year, I am not totally sure. I only had one day to get to know the kids, and let's just say, some of them were lucky to leave there with their lives. ;) In all seriousness, it was the first day, and I know how excited they were to be there with other kids. I just have my job cut out for me in the training aspect of things. But, I'm up to the challenge. :D

I've also had a few opportunities for fun. Friday evening I was able to attend a service that our church held at the home of some elderly, shut in members. That was such a blessing to see how much they enjoyed hearing GOD's word, as well as music playing of all sorts. Following that we had a pizza dinner back at the church, as well as a game of kickball. :D

Saturday was a different sort of fun. I spent the first part of my day walking 15 miles. A community not far from us holds personal endurance challenges every Labor Day weekend. One day you walk 15 miles, the next you paddle the same distance, or bike. Then the next day you swim 5 miles. I did the first one and walked.

Oh so tired and rough did I look, but boy did it feel great!



It was my second time participating in the event. I loved every bit of it! Just being outdoors, getting some exercise, and spending time with friends was such a blessing. It makes my sore back feel worthwhile. ;D

Sunday I had to work at camp. Which would have highly upset me, had I not been able to spend some time with a good friend. She is the one I mention time to time on here, that moved last fall. She is such a blessing to be around! And I dearly love talking with her. She is such an encouragement, and I really wish I could have spent more time with her. :( But I am thankful for what time we had. :D

You know, even though my life is incredibly busy, I truly am thankful for it. The LORD has so blessed me with the strength and ability to work hard, and it would be a sin for me not to use it. And even with all the hard work, the LORD always sees fit to allow a blessing , to squeeze in between it all. And for that, I am so thankful. :D

She eats not the bread of idleness... Proverbs 31:27

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

3 comments:

  1. Good for you walking 15miles! I am currently training for a half marathon. I started last month from scratch and am beginning to think I may have to walk the majority of the race, but it will be an accomplishment however I do it. You sound very busy, but you also seem to be blessing the lives of many:)
    Amy Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good for you.

    sure sounds like you are one busy gal...all those eggs too...yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are off to a great start with your little students. They sound excited to learn, so keep that excitement going!

    Blestmom

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)