Monday, September 19, 2011

A Day Off, and Fun Work

So, the LORD completely took me by surprise last night with the announcement of a blessing. I got home from church around 8:45, and around 9:15 received a phone call. It was my boss from camp saying that I was not needed for today, and that she was giving me a day off! :D Okay, so one should probably not be so excited to not have to go to work, but can you blame me for jumping up and down squealing and praising the LORD? :P

On a side note, don't take me wrong. I LOVE to work and to most of all serve where I am needed. But give me a day off to take care of things around the house, and I am one happy gal. :D

So, how did I spend my blessing of a day off? I decided to take a trip into town, to visit the fabric store, the discount clothing store that just "happens" to sit right beside it, and Teacher's Aid (one of my newest candy shops). ;)

What a blessing this trip was. I was able to find the two pairs of jeans (which I was in desperate need of), brand new and brand name, for a combined price of 25 dollars! :D

I was also able to pick up the fabric I have been needing in order to finish some cloth napkins for my hope chest. Then I was also able to pick up a bit of fabric to sew my mom an autumn themed tote bag.:D

Then it was off to Teacher's Aid to choose an autumn themed bulletin board set for school. I went to look for one about two weeks ago, but they were all sold out. I went online to search for some and found one that I loved, but decided to wait to buy it. I'm glad I did. I found the same set today, for two dollars less! :D And it's so cute!

And of course, if you have been reading my blog for long, you know that there is no way I can not complete a trip into town, without a visit to the local thrift shop. And that is where I found this beautiful little sign for my hope chest. It fits the color theme I have going on right now perfectly! And it was only $1.89. Oh yeah...



Of course, all good things come to an end, and it was time to head home. But, there was no disappointment in returning home. I went straight to work and sewed up that new tote bag for my mom within 45 minutes of walking in the door. :D

The front...



The back...



The bow on the front...



I just used the same ribbon I used for the bow, for the straps...



And the inside is just a solid brown...



Overall, it has been a wonderful day, and I am so incredibly thankful to the LORD, fotr allowing me the opportunity of relaxtion and a bit of fun work. :D

I pray that your Monday was a blessed day as well.

Time to get off of here. My dog needs to be walked, and preparations for school tomorrow need to be made. :)

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Unfortunately my Monday was not as relaxing as I was at work all day, but I guess I need to praise the Lord for that as well:) I love the little sign for your hope chest. How wonderful it will feel someday to pull out and hang up in just the right place. Enjoy!
    In Christ,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)