Saturday, September 24, 2011

For Ye Have Need of Patience...



You have trusted Him in a few things, and He has not failed you. Trust Him now for everything, and see if He does not do for you exceeding abundantly above all that you could ever have asked or thought, not according to your power or capacity, but according to His own mighty power, that will work in you all the good pleasure of His most blessed will. You find no difficulty in trusting the Lord with the management of the universe and all the outward creation, and can your case be any more complex or difficult than these, that you need to be anxious or troubled about His management of it?

Hannah Whitall Smith


The camp I work at held a Ladies Retreat this past weekend. While I was in the kitchen cooking and striving to keep all the meals under control most of the time, I had the most wonderful blessing of being able to attend two of the services. And what a blessing they were! The LORD really used the speaker to remind me of several important truths.

One of the truths was waiting on GOD and HIS all perfect timing. As well as trusting HIM in those situations, and letting go and allowing HIM to work.

I don't know about you, but this is an area I struggle with quite a bit. Especially in one particular area. I'm a very impatient person, and a bit controlling as well. And I have a horribly bad habit of when I don't see something progressing as quickly as I would like, I tend to take the steering well and try to do it all myself. And in this one area, I have been very tempted take the wheel, and try to speed things along.

What I'm not remembering is that GOD is in control. HE is the creator of the universe! The speaker made a very poignant statement. Do you honestly think HE needs our help? Wow...

So, I will once again have to restrain myself, step back and let HIM work. I do not know exactly what HE has in mind for this. What I do know, is that HE is at work. I may not be able to see it, but HE is there. And I rest in the knowledge that one day I will be able to step back, see the end result, whatever it may be, see HIS hand, and the beautiful end result that HE has written out. :)

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward.

For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. Hebrews 10:35,6


Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)