Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Can Feel It In the Air...

Well, this Friday is the official start of Autumn. With Autumn comes the most eventful time of year. There's always something to keep our family entertained.

There's a local "Farm Heritage Day" the first Saturday of October, with pig races, old tractors, fresh apple cider, and hay rides galore.

Next there's spot fishing the first and second week in October. That's where you go park your gear on the local pier for two days, and wait and pray that a school of spot fish swim in while you're there (even when it's raining and the temps are in the 50's with a northeast wind blowing straight into your face) :D

Following that, there's the county fair to enter my chickens in, and to volunteer my services in the livestock tent. Then it's time to enjoy the lights and sounds of the midway, ride the rides over and over until you're as sick as can be. Then it's off to complete the night with a caramel apple and cotton candy.

Then there are the simple things to be enjoyed this time of year. Like using pumpkins and nutmeg in your cooking as much as you like.




Or perhaps setting up a lovely little display with camo scarecrows,a straw bale, flag, mums and a pumpkin, as I did for the first time this year...












Maybe you, like me love the pumpkins with their bright oranges, and round forms...




Or perhaps it's all about the clear blue skies for you, with crisp air, and swirls of leaves showering down around you...


SOURCE


No matter how you spend it, it's a wonderful time to revel in the wonderful and awe inspiring way GOD has given us in the change of the seasons. So, happy fall ya'll!



What's your favorite fall activity?

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

5 comments:

  1. I love fall. The cooler weather and the changing of leaves. One of my favorite times of the year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the camo scarecrows. How adorable. I love the changing leaves so are so beautiful. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scarecrows and your little outdoor setting:) So cute! I am also a little excited for fall. Although winters can be a little brutal where I live, I'm excited for the change in the air. The town I come from has an annual scarecrow festival and there are so many cool and interesting entries! I think that is always one of my favorite things to do this time of the year. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love Fall...and here the smell is in the air...soon time to decorate...and oh yes...our family loves ANYTHING pumpkin.

    Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Fall is amazing!!!! I love everything about it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)