Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pumpykin Cake



So, do you remember how I said that one of my favorite things about fall is using alot of pumpkin, and nutmeg in my cooking? Well, I decided to start doing that this past weekend.

I found a recipe for a pumpkin cake in one of our cookbooks, and just had to try it. And let me tell you what! This cake is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. It's so moist and flavorful. Words cannot give it justice.

Since I can't really share a slice with you dear folks, as I would really love to do, I'm just going to have to share the recipe, so you can try out this wonderful fall treat yourself. :D Enjoy!

Pumpkin Cake

1 1/2 cups oil
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups pumpkin
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup raisins, optional
1 cup nuts, optional


Whisk together dry ingredients...



Add oil and pumpkin to dry ingredients. Mix well...







Add eggs one at a time, beating well...



Add vanilla, raisins and nuts that have been dusted in flour. Mix well...



Pour into tube pan or bundt pan. Square and oblong pans work as well. Bake at 350 until inserted toothpick comes clean...



Enjoy plain...



Or frost with your favorite homemade cream cheese frosting.



Give this recipe a try. It's so simple, and oh so delicious! :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

5 comments:

  1. Wow...a pumpkin cake sounds really good right about now...especially with the frosting on it!
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's been trying new things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome and just so happens that I have pumpkin sitting on my counter as I just finished making pumpking chocolate chip cookies...so this is a MUST try.

    Thank you for sharing your recipe.

    Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm. This sounds so good! My memaw makes something like this for thanksgiving. I love it!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    I have a photo contest on my blog, if you are interested :) http://jgsphotography.blogspot.com/2011/09/sky-meet-earth-photo-contest.html

    And also a giveaway! http://metoostudios.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-design-giveaway.html
    I would love to have you join!
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Angel, that cake looks delicious! Now I am craving pumpkin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Angel!

    Thanks for sharing this recipe with us! I love experimenting with pumpkin!

    This month, I am trying to feature fall recipes from other bloggers at our blog and was wondering if I could link to this recipe? I would like to also include a picture of the final project so our readers know what they're looking at, but that is definitely optional if you are not comfortable with that idea. Please let me know: rubieslikeruth{at}gmail{dot}com

    ~Ana Renee
    www.rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)