Friday, September 9, 2011

A Random Blessing...

So, I got an unexpected and quite welcome surprise today. I found out that I am not needed at camp today, and will not have to go back until Monday! :D And since I did not know this till the last minute, I washed eggs yesterday, and have no job to go to today! YAYYYYYYYY!!! ;D

So, how will I be spending my randomly day off? Well I already started it out by sleeping until 9. Boy was it nice to not have to slap my alarm clock this morning. :P Around noon me and my mom will head off to a local Mennonite bulk store we have not been to in quite awhile. Perhaps just maybe I can get her to stop in for a quick visit to my favorite antique store that just happens to be along the way, as well. ;)

After returning home I hope to be able to make some oatmeal cookies to take to our church's family fun night. Then it will be off to church to enjoy some music, games, and a special time of fellowship with church family. :D

I'm just so thankful that the LORD once again squeezed a wonderful surprise into my otherwise crazy schedule. I'm so blessed, and so thankful for HIS goodness in my life. :D

Here is a song to reinforce how I feel about that...



Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

3 comments:

  1. Oh, congratulations, Angel!! That's always the nicest surprise, isn't it? I'm glad you were able to catch up on some sleep!

    Your church fun night sounds wonderful! I haven't been to one of those in a long time ... the church we attended when I was growing up was small and had those kinds of things often. I sure do miss it. :'-) Bake/eat an extra cookie for me!!

    Have a wonderful day, my friend!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a nice day. I just love those days when you get to do just what you want to do. What a special surprise! I love how you get this day to yourself and you spend part of it making cookies for others. Way to be a servant to others! Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the Lord blessed you with that and you got to spend a day to yourself today!
    I know I sure enjoyed my day off today! I slept until about 10 [ish] this morning! And eventually I went on to Walmart and came back to make a pumpkin pie! I was so happy for a day to do what I wanted and not have to work!
    So I loved reading how the Lord blessed you with this as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)