Monday, October 10, 2011

From Fast to Slow



Good day Friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderful day in our LORD! It's been a cloudy and somewhat rainy day here in my neck of the woods. It's been rather nice though. It has really set the tone for a relaxing day indoors. :D

So, the official fall camping season is over and I survived! This is so exciting. For awhile there, I was starting to get so run down, I was afraid that I would not be able to keep up the daily schedule. But praise the LORD! HE gave me just the strength I needed to make it to the end. For that, I am so grateful. :)

Aside from a few weekend retreats to be worked, my time will now be spent focusing on teaching the three year olds, farm work, and helping mama out wherever she needs me. I will admit, even though I am thankful for the time at home, it is going to be a bit of an adjustment. I have been going full blast for so long, going to a bit slower pace is going to be a bit of a challenge. ;)

Now don't get me wrong, my days will still be busy. I have several projects, sewing and cleaning, that I can't wait to tackle. It's just that now work will go at a bit slower kind of pace. :)

Here is what I would love to accomplish within the next several weeks...

~ Sew panels for our back doors
~ Finish sewing napkins for my hope chest
~ Sewing two, maybe three rag quilts for Christmas gifts
~ Sew several other Christmas gifts
~ Scrubbing the chicken coops (washing roosts, laying boxes, and walls)
~ Organizing my disaster of a closet
~ Get back into a regular exercise routine ( this has been sadly neglected due to the intense work schedule and total lack of energy when done at the end of the day...)
~ Plan my second teen girls get together ( just like my tea party held in July, this time it will be for the girls at my church, and less formal)
~ Finish reading several books I have started the past few weeks
~ Finish memorizing 1 Peter 3 ( I started this back in June, then put it off when working for my neighbor, then camp started, you get the picture...)
~ Review buisness math, and a few other subjects

Then of course there will be the regular routine preparing for school, washing eggs at my neighbor's, and whatever else mama needs me to help with around here.

I'm just so thankful for the LORD's goodness in my life. I love how HE has given me this wonderful opportunity to work, serve, learn, and prepare for the future, in this special time of stay at home daughter hood. :)

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)