Monday, October 24, 2011

Have You Used One?

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward

With that being said, I am going to use quite a few of those 86,400 seconds, thanking my GOD for some of the wonderful things HE has blessed me with.



I am thankful for unexpected trips to town, spending time on my own.

I am thankful for the ability to sew.

I am thankful for the opportunity to learn new techniques in sewing. (even when it means alot of hair pulling) ;)

I am thankful for wonderful church services, with much needed reminders.

I am thankful for GOD creating herbs on the third day. They make an ordinarily boring grilled cheese sandwich AMAZING. :D

I am thankful for lazy Sunday afternoons, watching "Little House On the Prairie" and football.

I am thankful for blankets to keep me all toasty warm while doing so.

I am thankful for talks with friends.

I am thankful for all of you dear folks, that take time to read my little thoughts, and leave such sweet comments. :D

I am thankful for spur of the moment trips to McDonald's after church, just get a chocolate milkshake, so I can spend time with my brother and sister. :)

I am thankful that we only have 31 days until Thanksgiving.

I am thankful we have only 32 days until Black Friday, and the ability to play Christmas music 24/7. :D :D :D

I am thankful for both of my jobs, that may drive me insane at times, but allow me to spend the bulk of my time serving my family.

I am thankful that my incredibly smart, genius of a dad, has our car fixed after about three weeks of the family not being able to go anywhere together. (and I now have the truck back all to me self) ;)

And last but not least, I am thankful that I FINALLY get to spot fishing tomorrow!!! :D :D :D :D :D


There are so many, many more things to say I am thankful for, but alas, life is calling and it's time to get to work. :)

What are you thankful for?

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I love this Angel! It really is the little things that bring so much joy to our lives. I concur with most of your thank you list! Can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas music! I'm thankful for my family, school (even when it's stressful!), fall festivities, & so much more. <3 Have a lovely night, my friend!

    p.s. I LOVE the Yiruma song on your page. I didn't know about that song until I was browsing your page. I looked up the sheet music and I've fiddled around with the notes. It's absolutely beautiful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.p.s. Since I now see that you have multiple Yiruma songs, the one I was speaking of was "May Be" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the quote - it is very eye-opening to realize that God gives us so many seconds in a day and we are "too busy" to stop and thank Him for even one of them!!! When we STOP and ponder our lives, there is SOOOO much to thank God for!!! Thanks for the reminder.

    Ana Renee
    www.rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)