Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hitting the Deals

So, despite yesterday's rather emotionally turbulent day, this weekend has been quite nice. I headed out this morning to finish the purchasing of materials needed for the costumes for our church's fall festival. And any day spent in the candy, I mean, fabric shop, is a marvelous day. ;)

I hit some really great deals too. For my costume, I need to make a sort of pouch to hold straw in, to make my outfit look like the gleaner Ruth was. In order to make the pouch I needed a rope, or some sort of twill belt. I stopped in at my favorite thrift shop, and found exactly what I needed. A twill belt, with metal loops, for only $1.20! Oh yeah! :D

My next stop was the fabric store, to pick up the material for my brother's costume. I walked in, and the store had a circular with coupons in it. One of the coupons was 50% off any one item, or any single cut of fabric. Jack pot my friends! I was able to buy the 6 and a half yards of broadcloth needed for just 15 bucks. Woo-hoo! :D

Oh yeah! I wanted to share the outfit I wore out and about. Normally, when headed to just the fabric store, I throw on some jeans, tee, and a hat if I'm in a hurry. But today I thought I would dress up, and look like the lady GOD made me.



I love this outfit. It's casual, but not too much. It's just a simple brown tee, blue jean skirt, and boots. To dress it up just a tad, I added a yo-yo pin that I made, and pearl earrings and necklace. Perfect for these crisp autumn days we have been experiencing. :)

How has your Saturday been?

I'm gonna get off here for now. I think homemade hot chocolate and a movie is calling my name for the evening. :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you were a smart shopper today, Angel! I hope you post pics of your Ruth costume when it's finished - I bet you'll look terrific!

    I love your skirt!!! I am desperately in need of one or two new denim skirts, but it's really hard to find any in our area ... you look very neat and tidy, but also very ladylike. And your backdrop is lovely, too! :-)

    Have a wonderful evening!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the denim skirt you have one!!! i can never seem to find any that are long enough :-(

    btw, i found your blog via another blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo of you! The denim skirt is so flattering and the flower is nice too! ~Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)