Friday, October 28, 2011

Tidbits from the Week

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderfully blessed day! The weather has been quite tolerable this past week. The temps have gotten into the mid 70's most days, with lows in the mid 50's. Today's forecast is a bit on the depressing side though. It's only forecast to be about 60. In other words, I see shivering and chills in my future. Oh well...

Well, this has been quite the pleasant week. I've been as busy as can be with work, a field trip with my K-3 class, spot fishing, church, and a whole lot more in between there. :D

Monday I spent the day on my neighbor's farm, washing eggs. The production has really increased there with the new layers. It would not be so bad, if there were not a problem of the new chickens breaking the eggs horribly. I just about have to scrub each egg for 30 seconds, they are so dirty. But that's probably info you did not care to hear... :P

Tuesday was school with the three year olds. We had a field trip, so it was not our average day. We went to a local sorghum maze. The kids weren't all that fond of walking through the maze. After ten minutes, I was hearing "I'm tired!", "When are we going to have snack?", and "Can we go back to school?". Then the next thing knew I was chasing them, and trying to keep the entire maze being torn to bits! '_'



But the day turned out better for them thankfully. They had little kiddie games set up, and a hay ride, perfect for their age group. :)







That afternoon, I was able to go spot fishing with my family and a very good friend. ;) I didn't catch too many fish, myself. Altogether there were 75 fish caught, and out of those, maybe 7 or 8 were mine. But regardless, I was so thankful for the time spent with those close, and just being in total awe of GOD's wonderful creation: the ocean. :)









Wednesday morning was cleanup time from the trip. Not exactly my favorite part, but one of the most necessary. I also gave my two "little smiles", Rhett and Chantal a bath. I have entered them in the county fair, to hopefully win a ribbon or two, and to just show them off. ;) I took them down there that evening, and most everyone that was there were impressed. So I'm pretty excited about that.



On the other side of that though, I am missing them terribly. Especially because I am used to calling Rhett when I step outside, just to see him run so excitedly to me. :(

Then of course Thursday was school as usual. I did squeeze a trip to the Wally World after school. I finally broke down and bought a new phone. I've been without one for almost a year. I really don't use a phone that often, so I have been putting off a new one. But my mom has really been onto me about getting one. So I finally broke down, and have a prepaid that's a very reasonable price for my budget. :D

Today's schedule looks to be busy. I have eggs to wash first things this morning, then I hope to get a lot more sewing done on the costumes for Monday's fall party at church. Then as long as the weather holds up, I will make another trip to the maze with friends, to hopefully complete it without the worry of little kids running around with me chasing them. ;D I'm looking forward to that.

Well, I better get off of here and get busy!

I pray that you all have a wonderfully blessed weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a busy but fun week. Your chickens are so adorable! Hope they win a prize at the fair. Have a blessed day in the Lord. Dorinda

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)