Tuesday, November 8, 2011

In Faith

So, in case you have not heard the news, Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar are expecting their twentieth child in April! You can check out the official announcement on their website, here. I must say, I am pretty excited for this family. I'm also praying that the LORD will bless this pregnancy, and everything will go smoothly, with a safe delivery.

It's pretty neat that she announced it this week. Just this past Sunday evening, me and my mom were discussing children, and how many I would like to have one day.

I know, I'm not married, and some days it seems as if I never will get married and have kids... ;P So this may come across as an odd topic for someone at my stage in life to talk about. But to me it's not.

I'm a pretty good organizer, and like to have things all planned and thought out before hand. So to me, developing convictions on children, child rearing, and other such topics before I get married, or even begin a courtship, are high priority.

I told my mom, I really admire the Duggar family, and their commitment and faith in allowing GOD to choose how many children HE wants them to have. They firmly believe in the verse that says children are a blessing. They demonstrate that fully, by completely walking in faith, and letting GOD decide how many children they have, and when.

To me, they are demonstrating the highest faith possible. To not look and worry, but to wholly put their trust and confidence in GOD to supply their needs. To know that GOD is in control, and HE will never bring to you, what HE knows you cannot handle.

This is a personal belief I hold. That one day when I get married, I want, with my husband, to put the matter of children in GOD's hands 100%. Not to manipulate circumstances, but to put our faith in GOD completely and let HIM bring what HE wants, when HE wants. Even if it means 20 kids. :D

It's not a very popular concept in today's society. But, hey, if it were, it would more than likely not be from GOD...

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; 1 Peter 2:9

Just a few thoughts for this wonderful Tuesday... ;)

Have a wonderfully blessed day! thanks for stopping by!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)