Friday, November 4, 2011

Sharing This Week With You

One of the major issues I have been facing with my three year old class this year is sharing. Sharing toys, crayons, you name it. Not many of them are particularly fond of putting their desires behind them, and putting what others want ahead of themselves. Well I must admit, they are improving. I mean they did so graciously share something with their teacher this week. Lots of sneezing, a runny nose, slight fever, and total lack of energy for anything. Yeap, they shared their cold germs. :(

Other than suffering through this germ the past few days, it's been a great week. I finally finished the costumes for the church fall festival on Saturday.(pics coming very soon) Just in time for the festival on Monday. And if I do say so myself, I think they turned out pretty good. I may have lost half of my hair in the process of completing them, but hey, I learned alot. And that's all that matters. :D

I went to our county fair on Tuesday. Which means I got to spend time with my precious little smiles. :D :D :D Look at what awaited me when I walked over to them...



That's right. Three ribbons. Oh yeah! Rhett won first in his breed (black Cochin bantam) and Chantal won first in her breed (White Sultan bantam) and "Best In Show" for bantams! As you can imagine, I am pretty excited.

The rest of this week has been pretty average. Church, school, eggs. The usual routine. Although, it was a tad bit different at my neighbors. I got to help package turkeys this morning. It's the first time I have helped package them, and I must say, it is a whole lot more difficult to put a 15 pound turkey in a bag, compared to a 3 pound chicken. But all went well, and thankfully it is done and over with!

Tomorrow looks to be a busy day. I will be in charge of supper. What I am making usually takes up quite a bit of time. I'm making some "Dutch Potato Soup". Soup will be so wonderful tomorrow, especially since the high is only forecast to be around 60.

I'm also planning on making some dinner rolls, for ham and cheese sliders that I will be bringing to our church's monthly after service snack, on Sunday. I found a recipe on Pinterest with a poppy seed dressing that looks wonderful! I cannot wait to try it.

Well, I'm going to get off of here. Hopefully I can get some extra rest in this evening to help push this cold away soon. But before I go I just want to say...

GOD is so good, ALL the time! :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. Congratulations! On the 3 ribbions your chickens won. I think that is just Awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Angel, that's weird - I've had the same cold bug this week, too! I hope you get over yours faster than I'm getting over mine ... :-P

    Congratulations on the wins for your chickens!! You must have been so happy to see those ribbons on their cages! But then, you always knew they were winners! :-D

    Get feeling better soon, my friend - have a wonderful weekend!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your chickens winning ribbons! Hope you feel better soon, colds have been visiting us too...tis the season!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)