Saturday, November 19, 2011

So Thankful



We're on the countdown folks! We only have 5 days until Thanksgiving! Wow. Time sure has flown by us this past year. I can hardly believe it. :D

With a little under a week until Thanksgiving, I am going to spend this next 5-6 days praising my GOD and giving HIM an extra thank-you here. I have been wanting to do this, and since the "Rubies Like Ruth" blog has set it up as a challenge, I am defiantly going to give it a whirl. But, there is a catch.

My thanksgiving is to be limited to something GOD has done in my life this past year. And trust me, HE has done so much! I am eagerly looking forward to sharing with all of you some of the LORD's goodness. So, let's get started!

One of the major ways the LORD has worked in my life this past year, is in the way of my shyness. If you go back and read this post, you will understand the struggle I face with this.

It's a battle I have faced just about every single day of my life. Not truly feeling comfortable with myself, and being in constant fear of rejection. I've been hurt so many times by people that said were my friends, but only wanted something from me, or got to know me a bit and didn't like what they saw, and then pretty much ditched me.

In feeling this way, I've caused a problem in my life much worse. I've not allowed myself to develop relationships with people, for fear of being hurt again. I've not allowed friendships to blossom, or even begin. I've had to suffer from being alone, caused pretty much by my own self.

But my GOD is great! I can so see HIS hand in my life in this area over the past year. HE has helped me to let down my wall, and open up and be the person HE created me to be. I've had a much greater ease in talking to people. The LORD has brought so many wonderful people into my life to help with this. I've actually had friendships begin, and even deepen over the past year! :D

Sure I still struggle with opening up. I probably always will. But you know what? I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength! And I am so, so, so thankful for that wonderful promise! :)

So, what am I going to be thankful for tomorrow, you'll have to come back and see then. ;D

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,

    It's wonderful to see you joining this challenge!!! I look forward to keeping up with your thanksgiving/praise.

    ~Ana Renee
    www.rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel,

    Just wanted to thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog - I truly hope you felt welcome, enjoyed your stay and will come back soon!

    Also, that is very exciting - all these things the Lord is doing in your life! What a blessing - for you and for us as you share with us. Thank you for being so open.

    Blessings,
    Rachael @ heldbyHishand

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)