Friday, December 30, 2011

From Hope, to Contentment



For the past several years, I have sprouted a sort of New Year's tradition. I have taken any extra time I have, and used it to clean and organize all of my stuff. With there not being quite as much time on my hands as I would like this year, I've had to sort of go in stages. You know, clean the closet one day, under the bed the next, so on and so forth.

This evening I got to my hope chest. Over the past few months, I've just sort of shoved what I have received for it in there, and left it alone. Well, with me receiving some things for Christmas, finding room to "shove" those things in it was impossible. So I took this evening and removed everything, so I could do a bit of organizing.

I loved going through all of those items. I have a bit of everything. From china, knives, pictures, cloth napkins, a table cloth, Christmas ornaments, there is quite a variety. Going through each item, brought back a special memory of when each item was bought or received. Where it came from, who I was with, and what we did that day.

Then of course that thought entered my mind. Will any of this be used one day? Will the LORD bless me with a home and family of my own, who I can bless with these trinkets? Can I be joyful in the fact that the LORD may not want me to use these items in my own home, but instead use them right here in my parents home?

I believe that is probably the biggest lesson the LORD has taught me in 2011. To be patient, and completely and TOTALLY content in HIM, where HE has placed me. Boy has it been a hard one to learn. But I believe that I can say 100 % honestly, I am content where HE has placed me.

For the first time in quite awhile this Thanksgiving and Christmas, I was not wishing and pining away for a special somebody to share the day with. I was able to take those days, and enjoy them to the fullest with my family. And how wonderful a feeling that was! As I tell my mom when something like this comes up, "You ought to be quite proud of me!". ;D

Yes, I still want a home, husband, and family of my own. What single gal doesn't?

But I can truly say that I love GOD so much, that if that is not what HE wants for me, I can let it go. I only want HIM! I want what HE desires of me. WHATEVER that may be. :D

I can't wait to see where GOD takes me this year. What path HE leads me down. What lessons HE shows me through HIS word, and the people HE brings to me. I can't wait to look back this time next year, and see where HE has brought me. I want to be able to look back, and have no regrets in how I have served HIM. :)

Two thousand twelve, bring it on! :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this lovely post, Angel. This is one of the most difficult areas of our lives to give completely over to the Lord - you are such an encouragement to share your struggles and victories in this area. Thank you so much for convicting and inspiring me!

    Have a wonderful evening, my friend!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)