Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How Time Flies

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderfully blessed day in our LORD. It's a warm one here in our neck of the woods. The temps are in the mid seventies, and just about heavenly for this southern belle. I better not get too excited though. The forecast for the rest of this week is to be a tick on the chilly side, with temps in the mid to upper 50's. I guess I don't mind chilly weather that much with Christmas time being here. :D

Wow! Has life been busy or what? With egg washing at my neighbor's, teaching the 3 year olds, work around the house, church activities galore, there has not been much time to slow down. But, I'm not complaining. I'm thankful for all the opportunities to serve, and keep my hands and mind busy. :D

School has been going as well as can be expected. Some days I'm thrilled that I'm actually getting through to them, and other days I'm just thankful I have those energetic bodies for only four hours. ;D



Work at my neighbor's has picked up. The new layers are going full blast, keeping my self hopping come egg washing day. :D

The animals around our homestead are fairing well. The cow's doing great, along with the chickens, dogs, and pig. Pig is in her final days on earth. Hopefully by Christmas we will have her all packaged and ready to enjoy. ;D

My mom, my sister, my brother, and myself recently enjoyed a day at the aquarium.



It was so nice to get out, enjoy the bright sunshine, and see some of GOD's marvelous creation.



Thanksgiving came and went.





It was a sort of quiet day. It was only our family here. Me and mama spent the morning cooking, and had dinner ready by 1. And how wonderful it was.



I just had to share this. How does a country boy get his silverware out of a wrapped napkin? Well he certainly doesn't pull it out, or untie the ribbon. This is how he does it. Brothers...



Guess who got to lick the pan after the turkey was cleaned?



And what's the best way to burn off all that food? A game of air soft of course!



I'm so thankful for that weekend. :D

These past two weeks have been a bit overwhelming for me. Our church is having a Christmas Cantata this Friday, and somehow I was put in total charge of set design and costumes. Don't get me wrong, I've loved planning and preparing everything. It's been a wonderful opportunity to serve. There has just been so much to do, and still so much to do, and I've only got so many hours in the day... But, the LORD gives strength to the weary, and I'm thankful for that.

Well, I'm going to get off of here for now. I think my kids at school have been sharing again. I've had a fever off and on for the past 36 hours, as well as a horribly painful cough. So I better get off of here and get some rest before I work on some more costumes, and lighting this evening. :)

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. How fun! If you don't mind my asking, how tall are you and your sister? I am 5' 2" and feel really short looking at your photos. LOL :) I have learned to embrace being short. Air soft looks like something my brothers would really enjoy! ~Jordan

    PS Can you please contact me at jstinson76{at}att{dot}net. I would like to ask your permission to add you to my encouragement page on my blog. I added a link to your blog, but I just wanted to make sure it was ok with you. You have been a great encouragement to me and I would love to share your blog with others! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)