Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Traditions and Facts



This quiz was passed along to me last Christmas, and I enjoyed it so much, I thought I would do it again this year. If any if you would like to do this, feel free to copy and paste, and share your answers. Let me know if you do, I'd love to see your answers! :D

The Christmas Quiz~

1.What is your one favorite dish to see on the table at Christmas dinner?

Probably the ham. It's the only time of year we eat it.

2.Do you have a Nativity scene or a creche? How many pieces does it have?

We have two. One is porcelain with 3 wise men, 1 sheep, 1 horse, 1 cow, 1 shepherd, 1 baby Jesus, I headless Joseph, and no Mary. (Joseph lost his head when my sister was dusting around him last year, and Mary became MIA quite a few years ago...) The other is glass, with Mary, Joseph, shepherd, and baby Jesus.

3.What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Oooo... I have quite a few. My two favorite would have to be "A Christmas Carol" (one with George C. Scott) and "The Nativity Story"

4.If you and your family could spend this Christmas in another country, where would you go?

I would choose somewhere nice and sunny and warm. Maybe a tropical paradise? ;D


5.Does your grandmother usually knit you something for Christmas, or does she give you something different -- say, a Wii?

My grandma usually sends cash :D

6.Have you ever gone out of the house wearing a reindeer headband? What about a Santa hat?

I've worn a Santa hat in a Christmas parade when I was either 14 or 15

7.Do you usually make or buy your Christmas gifts?

Usually a combination of both. How many I make usually depends on my schedule. This year quite a few are being made by yours truly.

8.When do you set up your Christmas decorations? When do you take them down?

Usually we set them up the weekend of Thanksgiving. When they come down depends on mama's mood. Sometimes it's New Years, other times it's the day after... ;D

9.What kind of activities does your church usually have at Christmas?

Usually an after Sunday evening service dinner. Sometimes a play (like this year). This year we will be holding a Christmas Eve service. I'm really excited about that! :D

10.Did you ever believe in Santa Claus as a child?

10.Yeap. I "discovered" he was not real when I was 8 years old. I left a note and an apple( the last apple in the house btw) for Santa to give to his reindeer "Comet". Well Christmas morning came and the apple was gone and a note was left with "his" signature. I immediately recognized the signatures' was my dad's. The next day the very same apple I had left for Santa was right back in the fruit bowl. Needles to say, I confronted my parents on the matter I was told that Santa was indeed a myth. ;)

11.Which of the Gospels gives your favorite account of the Christmas story?

Luke's, for sure.

12.Have you ever acted in a Christmas pageant? What part did you play?

I've been in two. Once as Mary, and the other as an angel. :)

13.Do you buy Christmas presents for your pets?

Of course! My dog will get a bone, and the chickens a bite or two of bread. :D

14.What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

Oh! I could never pick a favorite, for I love them all. But one is how we order Chinese take out on Christmas Eve, and we all sit at the table as a family and just enjoy one another's company. Just spending an extra bit of time with family, celebrating our LORD and Saviours birth, is my favorite tradition. :)

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. I really enojyed reading this! :)
    I did this quiz last year, It was lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)