Monday, January 2, 2012

Bible Reading Schedule



It's the beginning of 2012, and it's time to make some goals for the New Year. A few things I would like to accomplish are getting more organized, read more, expand on my sewing skills, the list goes on.

One goal I have set, to me the most important, is reading the Bible all the way through. I've never set that goal, and I think now is the best time to do so.

Our Pastor set out two different schedules to follow yesterday. One is your typical way of doing so, by going through each book, one at a time. The other, which I have chosen to do, is a bit on the different side. It is set up to where you read through a themed book each day. Let me share how it is set up...

Sunday you read through "The Law"
Monday "History"
Tuesday "Psalms"
Wednesday "Poetry"
Thursday "Prophecy"
Friday "Gospels"
Saturday "Epistles"


It looks to be a strenuous schedule, but one to add variety to my week. One way I would like to keep track of this is to post the schedule up on Monday. It will help me to keep track of what I am doing, and hey, you may want to follow along with me. :D

Here is this week's schedule:
Sunday- Genesis 1-3
Monday- Joshua 1-4
Tuesday- Psalm 1-3
Wednesday- Job 1-2
Thursday- Isaiah 1-6
Friday- Matthew 1-2
Saturday- Romans 1-2
Sunday- Genesis 4-7


If you decide to do this, let me know! I would love to be able to team up with someone, and have a sort of accountabiblity partner.:D

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by! Happy New Year!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Angel! I am sort of reading through the Bible this year - I am halfway through the OT for a Bible class that I'm taking, and I'd like to move on to the NT class within the year. So unfortunately, my current reading schedule isn't quite right to join you on your schedule. :-(

    I'll certainly be glad to be your accountability partner, though! I have a little widget in my sidebar that shows what I'm reading, and I'll be glad to check in on your blog and see how you're doing, too. This is a great goal for both of us to have, and I'd love to help you with it! :-)

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    P.S. Yes, I am reading the Canadian West series and enjoying them! :-) That's so funny that we're reading them at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)