Saturday, January 14, 2012

Life



Ain't that the cutest picture? I just had to share it :D


Well, good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderfully blessed day in our LORD. It's been quite chilly here the past few days. The temps have only been in the upper 40's to low 50's. And add a northwest wind to that, and brrr... That's about all I can say about that.

So, life has been going fairly well. Busy as usual. But good.

Work at my neighbors moves steadily along. The chickens have slacked off on egg laying just a tad. Instead of laying 25 dozen eggs a day, they are down to about 20-22 dozen. So, even with that, there is no shortage no work for me over there right now. I am so thankful for that. :D

Teaching K-3 has been a bit of a challenge the past three classes. Typically I only have issues with one child. But the past week, it has been almost every single one of them. They have just seemed so wound up, and getting them to sit still and obey has been a bit of an issue.

Never the less, I still love working there. I love seeing each child's personalities. Each one is a little soul, that has good days and bad. Just as I do myself. I just have to learn not to feel so inadequate, and put myself down when I am not able to get through to them.

Life around the homestead has been going good.

Annabelle is defiantly pregnant. Her sides are getting huge! You can even see the calf move at times. It's pretty amazing. :D

I've spent the past few days cleaning out flower gardens. That means raking out old leaves, pruning, and even a bit of weeding. Even though I am not able to plant anything at this time, it still makes me feel better to start preparing the way for the new growth in a few short months.

When I have had spare time, I have been doing some reading. My sister has found a wonderful new series for me that I love. It's called the "Wings of Glory" by Sarah Sundin. They are set during World War 2, which happens to be one of my favorite periods in history.

I've also been researching. I've been looking into natural medicinal practices. Particularly in the realm of women's health, and child birth. It's a subject that I love to read and learn more about.

I've not been doing much sewing. I've not really been in the mood, after spending most of December doing so. :P I did recently start a tote bag. The one I use to carry my books and such in for school ripped, and a new one was in high order. Hopefully I can finish that in the next few days.

Well, this post was much longer than I anticipated. ;) I think I'll get off of here for now. Hmmm... I do believe I am in the mood to bake some chocolate cookies this evening. :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)