Saturday, January 7, 2012

While I Wait



Friday night, my Sunday school class had a sort of get together. One of the couples in the class invited everyone over to their house to watch a movie. What a blessing it was to get together with brothers and sisters in Christ, and just enjoy each other's company. The movie of choice was one of my favorites, "Fireproof".

In the movie there is a song. It's called "While I'm Waiting".

I've never really paid attention to the song before. But last night, it just sort of hit me, and I have fallen in love with it. Let me share the lyrics...

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
And I am hopeful, I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it is painful, but patiently I will wait

And I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
And I am peaceful, I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it's not easy no, but faithfully I will wait
Yes, I will wait

And I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/john_waller/while_im_waiting.html ]
While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I will move ahead bold and confident
I'll be taking every step in obedience, yeah

While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint

And I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You Lord

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting


Sure I'm not facing anything as serious as the Caleb in the movie was facing. But I have come across some pretty rough patches in my short life. And as life continues on, I will be placed in other situations where I have to wait.

My reaction to waiting in the past has not exactly been the best in the world. But through those situations I have learned one thing. The best way to deal with waiting is to serve and worship the one is in total control of that situation.

HE does know best. HE will bring you to what you need, when HE deems best. HE brings all things to pass in HIS great timing.

Sure, it's not easy, but HE promises strength to those who wait.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31


I WILL serve, and I WILL worship while I wait!

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

Here's the link to a Youtube Video if you would like to listen to the song yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)