Monday, February 6, 2012

A Time to Plant

Oh I'm getting that feeling again. Perhaps the reasons for it this time, are the wonderfully warm days we have been experiencing. Or maybe it's just an inner longing to see color, and new life sprouting forth. Yeah, I'm really wanting spring to come right now.

But it's not that far down the road thankfully. Only about seven weeks. Maybe even sooner if we continue to experience such wonderfully warm days. So now is the time to start planning your gardens.

I bought all of the sunflower seeds for my flower garden, this past weekend.



And loosened and fertilized the soil of my little patch.





I've also been debating on what other sorts of flowers to plant. As well as where to plant all those sunflowers I bought. :D

I guess I need to keep quoting these verses, so as not to get myself all discouraged, or wanting to plant things before it's time. ;)

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; Ecclesiastes 3:1-2


Are any of you planning a garden this year? If so what do you have in mind for it?

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

This post has been linked up to "Homestead Revival's" Barn Hop Monday.

As well as "A Rural Journal's" 'Rural Thursday Blog Hop'

7 comments:

  1. OOOOOO!!!! I love sunflowers!! My mom bought some seeds a week or so ago - I know she bought sunflowers, and she bought radishes, pumpkins, and lettuce, too. Will you post some pictures when yours start to bloom? :-D

    Thanks also for posting the verses from Ecclesiastes ... I feel like I'm doing a lot of waiting lately, and I'm a person who doesn't like to wait A-TALL ("at all" like Andy Griffith). :-) But those verses helped a lot. God will bring good things in His time.

    Have a wonderful evening, my friend!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this! It just reminded me of something I've been wanting to do and that is to plant a garden of my own! I know it'll be hard for me to do with my back problems and all, but good Lord willing, He'll give me strength and I'll be able to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I have stopped by! I will be following your blog, great post from a sister in Christ! You might enjoy my blog as well?

    http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com/2012/02/why-grow-your-own-veggies.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is getting to be that time to think about the spring garden, I agree, Angel. I'll be buying my seeds at our local farm supply store here in town -- that's always so much fun.

    Thank you so much for sharing your post with us at Rural Thursday! Hope to see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited to start my garden this year. I have had a small garden, but my goal this year is to grow more, buy less. I'd like to try growing more tomatoes for spaghetti sauce, etc., dill and cucumbers for pickles, etc. Wish me luck!! Love your blog, I found it thru A Rural Journey :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your beds look so much neater than mine!

    So glad you linked up with Rural Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of sunflowers!
    If you want just flowers, I like marigolds. And lilys, but the bulbs take a couple years - at least for me.
    I enjoyed seeing your Rooster, too. If you want to plant for your chickens, plant some Nasturtiums. Supposed to be a natural de-wormer and antibiotic.
    If you want some other stuff for them, you can add watermelon, pumpkins, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce (or cabbage), spinach and swiss chard. Apparently chickens love them all.
    Your garden looks wonderful!
    You could always plant your sunflowers by your fence line, too, if you have one.
    Found your blog from Nancy's. :)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)