Sunday, March 11, 2012

By HIM, For HIM



I posted a quote this week on "How Pinteresting Wednesday". It's been in my head all week. That would not be so interesting, if it were not for the fact the same general concept has popped up in conversations and in sermons at church. The quote is "Lord, the next time I look to some person, thing, or idea to complete me, draw my eyes to you instead".

I don't know about any of you, but that has been a bit of a struggle for me in my life at times. Looking to things, or people to make my life complete and happy. And countless times the LORD has shown me how wrong that is.

Not one thing on earth, not one person in your friendship or acquaintance, is going to fulfil your life and make you "happy".

Do you want to know what will though? Only the love that the GOD of the universe bestowed upon us, in the form of our LORD and Saviour: Jesus Christ. Only HE can fulfill all of our needs.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.


All things were made for HIM. That includes us humans. HE made us in HIS image for Himself. And because of that fact, only HE can satisfy our needs and wants.

Until we can come to the place in our lives where HE is our all, we can never truly be satisfied.

As I said, I've struggled with this in the past. Always looking to someone or something to make me me happy. But these past few years the LORD has so worked with me in this. HE stripped me down to where all I did have was HIM.

Yes, it hurt more than anything. But until I gave into HIM, and realized that HE is enough, nothing changed. But praise HIM for HIS mercy and grace!

HE used that time to draw me to HIS side and fully rely on HIM. I'm thankful for those hard times. (though, then I defiantly was not...)

And as time goes on, I know that I will have to continually remind myself of this fact. Only HE can satisfy the deepest desires of my heart. That my friends is true joy. :)

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. I struggle every day.
    The Lord did give me a wonderful husband, but I do still struggle.
    Enjoyed your post. God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very right, Angel - all of us struggle with this at some point or other, and I think it's an especially salient issue for women because most of us want to get married. It's easy to fall into thinking that we're somehow incomplete if we're single (at least, it is for me ...). Thanks for reminding me to find my completeness in Christ. :-)

    BTW, I tagged you over at my blog ... :-)

    Lots of love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)