Monday, March 19, 2012

Rain, Eggs, Special People...

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are having a wonderfully blessed day in our LORD! It's turned out to be a rainy day in my neck of the woods. But how beautiful the rain is. The rain with the wonderfully warm weather we have been experiencing, has made all the new spring green and flowers just pop. I think spring is finally here. :D

It's been awhile since I have given a life update on here. I've been pretty busy. And with all this warm weather making me want to spend as much time outdoors as possible, I feel as if I have neglected my poor little blog. Oh well...

Work on my neighbor's farm is moving right along. I wash eggs 2, sometimes three days a week. That's typically on Monday and Wednesday, sometimes Tuesday afternoons. We plan to start some okra plants next week, so more time will defiantly be spent over there then.

My K-3 class is going really well. Our daily routine is well established, and the kids seems to enjoy it. There are still a few issues with obedience, but overall they are doing remarkably well. Each child has good and bad days, but we have been having more good than bad of late. For that, I am so thankful. :D

Work around my parents homestead has picked up a bit. I've been spending quite a bit of time cleaning the yard, and anything else outdoors that needs a bit of sprucing up. I planted about 60 broccoli plants last Monday. Mama had originally wanted to plant them herself, but her schedule wasn't letting her. Since they needed to go in the ground quick, she told me I could do them myself. And how nice it was to work in the garden while it was so pleasantly warm. :D

I was able to go to a library book sale this past weekend. I found quite a few books that I have been wanting to read, but have not seen at the library. I bought some natural health books, a gorgeous copy of Jane Austen's "Emma", "Let Me Be A Woman" a devotional type book by Elisabeth Elliot, several WW2 books, and the first book in the "Wings Of Glory" series by Sarah Sundin. :)

Following church Sunday afternoon I went to a farm heritage show with a very special person. ;)


Me and Justin


They had a lot of old farm tools, demonstrations, tractors, horses, and all things agriculture.












They even had a draft horse pulling contest. It was pretty amazing seeing the horses so anxious and ready to pull all that weight. And also seeing the handlers trying to keep them in line. :D

The next few weeks look to be pretty busy, but not too bad. Our church is having an Easter play, and I was put in charge of costumes once again. I have two that I need to make still. I just need to find some material for them. I am hoping to come across some at Goodwill, or score a coupon at a local fabric store. We'll see though.

Well, I'm going to get off of here for now. I hope to catch up on some of my Bible reading this evening, as well as finish off my lesson plan for school tomorrow. We will be talking about how plants grow, and I hope to actually let them learn hands on by way of letting them plant some sunflower seeds. That should excite them. :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

5 comments:

  1. How exciting that spring is finally here! You sure are busy! ...and if you don't mind my asking, who is that special person in the picture with you? ;) I understand if you would rather keep that private. I was just curious. :)
    You sound like a wonderful teacher! I am sure your little ones will have a great time learning about plants with you! Have a great week! ~Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordan!
      I don't mind you asking. That is Justin. The guy I am in a courtship with. :)

      Have a great week too!

      Delete
    2. Wow! How exciting!!!! Eeeeee!!!! :D So happy for you!!! Congratulations!

      Delete
    3. What a cute couple! Looks like you two enjoyed your time together.

      Blestmom

      Delete
  2. Hey, thanks for the pictures, Angel! It looks like you two had a great time - and Blestmom is right, you guys are an awesome couple!!!! :-D

    Blessings to you both! I'll be praying for you, my friend!

    Lots of love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)