Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Best Things Are The Nearest



Can I just say something here? I am so thankful for the life, the LORD has blessed me with. No, it's not perfect. I have good and bad days. But by HIS everlasting grace, I've learned through the bad, to take the time and appreciate the good days. The simple days. And not just the days themselves, but what the LORD has blessed me with in them. Especially the simple moments.

Like quiet walks through the woods. Dinner with friends and family. Time spent in prayer. Seeing flowers grow and bloom. Watching the sunset right after a spring rain. Gazing at the glorious heavens at night. Watching chickens scratch around the yard. Seeing pets eagerly run up to greet you. Soft rain on the roof. A breeze blowing through the curtains at night, bringing the smell of rain and pine.

Laughter.

Smiles.

The simple things.

The small things.


The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. ~Robert Louis Stevenson


LORD, help me not to take for granted the small things in life. Help me to remember these things when times get tough. Thank-you so much for the good times you have blessed me with lately. And thank-you so much for each little moment spent with you. Whether it's a walk in the woods, gazing at your wonderful creation, or time with family and friends. Thank-you for each and every minute you have blessed me with on this earth. Let me strive to continue to live it all for you.

What are some simple things the LORD has blessed you with in your life? I'm sure you can think of at least one. :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Post! Thanks for sharing. Your posts are always very encouraging and I look forward to reading them!

    May God Richly Bless You! ~Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts, Angel.

    The Lord has blessed me with my husband. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Angel - it's so true! It's a wonderful blessing after the hustle and bustle of life to be able to sit back and find peace and contentment in the simple, beautiful things of nature and home and family. God is so good to us. :-)

    Have a wonderful day, my friend!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)