Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Girly And Not Farm Handish

So last week, I may have become a tad bit spoiled. The school I work at two days a week was on Easter Break. So that meant a lot of time around the house, not waking up before 8, and setting my own schedule every day. It was bliss. :D

But it was back to reality today. And that meant waking up at 6 am, in order to leave the house by 7:20. But it wasn't so bad. I was actually pretty excited to see the kids at school again. And we even had a pretty good day. Only two went into time out. Four behaving well out of six isn't too bad I guess... ;)

Oh yeah! I got to dress up a bit. That felt pretty nice. Looking all girly, and not farm handish...

Here is what I wore today...



I bought this jumper at a thrift store about two weeks ago. I thought it would be a great addition to my wardrobe for summer, and all year round. It's blue and tan plaid, so either color shirt will go with it. So it's a great piece to mix and match with. And the best part is how comfy and vintagy it looks! :D

Well, I'm going to get off of here for now. I'm not sure what my afternoon will hold for me. Things have been pretty quiet around here the past few days, and I really don't know what to do with myself when there's not work to be done... :P

Have a wonderful day my friends! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

4 comments:

  1. You look lovely. :o)
    Thank you. Hope your day is going well.
    God bless! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your jumper, Angel! You look like a lovely Southern lady ready for spring! (I only say that because I'm a Yankee and quite jealous of that lovely Southern charm that y'all possess ...) ;-)

    I wonder, could you please do me a favor and see if you can see my blog? I changed the name of it over the weekend to "Sunshine and Shadow", and I'm not sure if your "following" carries over when I change the name ... I'd really appreciate your checking and letting me know. :-) Thanks so much!!

    Have a lovely evening, my friend!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my blog for me, Angel ... I changed my blog address (not the title, just the address) back to http://nomoreafraid.blogspot.com/, and that might help it show up again on your dashboard. We'll see. :-)

    I'm glad you liked the post, too! Lately I've felt so fed up with all the superficiality and fluff that college kids are filled with; and it just makes me long for some real things like soil and gardens and wooden fences and chickens and summer breezes. I think it's a real blessing that so many of us can feel that appreciation for these things at our age - so many other young people haven't been raised to value the earth or working with their hands. How empty that existence must be! :-(

    Have a wonderful evening, my friend!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely outfit... the belt, necklace and your glasses... everything! You look beautiful! I just love when God blesses us with wonderful thrift store finds!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)