Tuesday, May 8, 2012

On My Desk Today

Waking up at 6 am is no easy task for this lady. Knowing that I have to be at school, ready to eagerly greet my young charges by 7:45, to my shame, is not always the easiest task. This morning was no different.

I basically had to peel my eyelids open, and fumble around for that roaring alarm clock. I hit the snooze button and contemplated whether or not to roll my eyes back in my head. I opted just to get up and get going, and not delay the inevitable.

Then it was off to my normal morning routine. Getting ready, tall glass of Mountain Dew, breakfast, and the computer, until time to leave.

Seven twenty comes, and I'm out the door. I get in the car, and wait! I forgot my bag of school books, and lesson plans. Again. So it's back up to the house, to grab my gear. Finally I can leave.

I arrive at school, grab my outrageously large amount of books, and crafts. Then it's across the parking lot, in the building, and into my class I go. But what's this on my desk? This is not normal routine. I must say this is a first in my life...



Three beautiful roses, brightening up my otherwise drab routine. :D



Of course the first thing to enter my mind is a special someone was being an extra special someone today... ;)



Then one of my little girls walks in and says " Do you like the roses, Miss Angel?". :D

"You gave the roses 'G'? Awww... They're BEAUTIFUL! Thank-you, sweetheart!". And of course I gave her a hug. And she goes "It's Teacher Appreciation Day".

What a blessing these roses were. They were the first flowers I have ever been given. And what a sweet memory they created, and I will cherish, for forever and always. :)

So, I know it's a bit late in the day, but thank a teacher in your life today. Even a simple thank-you will brighten their day. :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

3 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet surprise! I am sure those roses brightened your day and "G"'s day alot! I enjoy reading about moments like this! Thanks for sharing! ~Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)