Monday, May 7, 2012

Reading A Book or Two, or Three...



Good day friends and family I pray that you are all having a wonderfully blessed day in your neck of the woods. It's cooled off here in my part of the world. It's been mostly overcast today, with temps in the low 80's. Not exactly as warm as I would love it to be. But still quite pleasant.

Well, this week looks to be a bit on the slow side as far as working off my parents homestead. I will be teaching my K-3 class Tuesday and Thursday morning. On Wednesday morning I will wash eggs on my neighbor's farm, and Friday morning I will help gather the last of the spring crop. So yes, I will be hanging out around my parents farm quite a bit.

I don't mind too much though. As long as I don't have to spend alot of time not working.... Hopefully I can help mama out a bit more with usual household chores. It will also give me a bit more time to do some reading.

Here is where I am at in that realm...



For my "Read HIS Word Through in 2012", I am behind two weeks. Here is what I hope to read through this week.

Exodus 9-12
1 Samuel 26-31
Psalm 48-50
Job 33-34
Mark 15-16
2 Corinthians 1-3


For my sort of encouraging, doctrinal reading, I am going through "Let Me Be A Woman" by Elisabeth Eliot. I highly recommend it to single, engaged, married, and any other young women around my age. Elisabeth Eliot is such a wonderful author, and strong example of a Christian woman. This book just shows that even more.



For educational reading, I am thoroughly enjoyed "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" by the nations leading midwife, Ina May Gaskin. I am currently on the birth stories, and it is so amazing reading how each woman coped with the pain in a natural, drug free way. Check it out if your like me and want to learn some of the most natural methods of childbirth.



Hopefully tonight I can add some historical reading in the form of Tom Brokaw's "From the Greatest Generation".



So what are you reading right now?

Have a wonderfully blessed day my friends! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you making time to still read! lol! I'm finding it really hard to work so much these days and still find time to read :P But I am currently reading through the 1000 Gifts book. It has been a great blessing! But I'm thinkin now I might just have to read the book by Elisabeth Elliot ;)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)