Thursday, June 14, 2012

As Your Faith Is Strengthened...



As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. ~Unknown~


My sister recently graduated from high school. Like all high school graduates, she's facing decisions, that will determine the course of her life. Seeing her go through this stage in life, I can't help but go back to when I was faced with those same decisions. (You can read the story that followed my graduation year under the label "Journey To HIS Will")

That year following my graduation, was a year of testing. I struggled so. But I am so thankful for those times now. I can so see GOD's hand at work, teaching me to fully trust in HIM, and put my faith wholly in HIM.

Faith is an area I have struggled with. I'm a control freak by nature. And with faith, there is no control of your life. You are stepping out of the boat, not knowing if that water is going to hold you up. You are putting your life in GOD's hand, and trusting in HIM to meet your needs, no matter how stormy the weather may be.

Defiantly not an easy task for this gal...

But it is something GOD commands us to do...

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6


But praise the LORD! The past few years have been a test of my faith in HIS goodness. With jobs, family, friends, and day to day existence, my faith in HIM has been tried, and has grown.

While I am by no means complete in my faith, it does come easier now. I don't feel as strong a need to take my life in my hands. I feel that I can, by HIS grace, let go and let HIM work things out. It's taken me a long time to come to this point. And it is only by HIS mercy and grace that I am learning to trust HIM more and more.

Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength: Isaiah 26:4


Whatever is going on in your life right now, whether it's school, work, relationships, you name it, my prayer for you is that you will learn to put your faith in HIM wholly, and know HE is in control, and will never give you anything you cannot handle. :)

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the encouragement, Angel ... I have my own post-graduation story that I've been trying to put together a post on for a while now; it is quite different from yours, and I'm still waiting to see how the Lord will work it all out. Your post makes me think that maybe this is a timely subject, and I should hurry up with my post. :-)

    Thank you, also, for the reminder that God is in control always. It is so comforting to know that He keeps His hand on my life and guards my heart even when I feel like life is out of control. Thank You, Lord ... :'-)

    Have a wonderful evening, my friend!!

    Love,
    Vicki

    P.S. I'm glad you liked the hairstyles I posted! You have such nice hair, you should try the braided one on yourself sometime ... :-D

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)