Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cows, Beans, Wood Burning...

Good day friends and family! I pray that you are all having a wonderfully blessed day in our LORD! It's been a scorcher here in my part of North Carolina. Temps reached into the lower nineties, with a pretty high heat index. Wow, has the weather been wonderful... ;D

Well, it' been a fairly busy past few weeks. With daily farm chores, work at my neighbor's, church activities, life has been hopping. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Work on my neighbor's farm is moving right along. Squash, okra, and potatoes are the vegetables coming in right now. I pick those 2-3 days a week. I am still washing eggs, but no where near as many as I was before. My neighbor is slowly fading out of the egg business, so they are only getting about 50 dozen a week now. (it was almost 150 dozen in the winter...)

On the homestead front of things, there have been a few problems. All having to due with Anna-Belle our milk cow. We noticed that she was not producing much milk, and she was gradually eating less and less. Monday she stopped eating and drinking completely. So the vet was promptly called in to access the situation.

Anna-belle has been diagnosed with Ketosis. (here is an article if you want to learn more) There may be another issue causing problems, but the vet is going to wait and see how she responds to treatment for this. So far she is doing better. Eating for the most part, and running away from us come milking time. So prayerfully she is on the mend. :)

Our garden has been doing fairly well. I picked about 2 gallons of green beans this evening...



The cucumbers are coming in pretty regularly...



And our carrots are growing pretty well too...



The hydrangeas are still blooming beautifully...



And my sunflowers should pop out this week...



A special someone surprised me last week. Can you guess what it is from the pic?



Yes, Justin bought me a wood burning pen. :D I have been looking at one of these things for I don't know how long, and his sweet self bought me one. :)Oh and what fun this thing is! I have so many craft ideas via Pinterest that I cannot wait to get started on. The one I am most anxious to get started with is magnetic alphabet letters for my 3 year old class this coming year. All I need is to get some wood cut, and I will be busy for hours! :D



Our church had a combined teen and young couples/singles outing...



We went and played mini golf, and rode go karts by a local lake. So lots of fun times were had there...







A storm rolled through this evening. The clouds that preceded it were beautiful!





The clouds that followed it were pretty amazing too...





Thank-you LORD for all the beauty you have bestowed upon our lives. Even in the simple moments.

This looks to be a pretty busy week as well. But a very fun sort of week at that. Our church will be going on a camping/white water rafting trip, in the mountains of NC. I am so excited about this trip, and can truly hardly wait. :D I just have to get all of my normal weeks work completed in 3 days. It shouldn't be that bad though. I just have to work extra hard, and cram everything into a shorter period of time. :D

How has your week been? I pray it has been a wonderful one for you! :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was busy! HA! That wood burning pen is so neat. I've never seen anything like it before! I can't wait to see what you do with it! I hope you have fun on your trip. It looks really exciting! I'm leaving for a week in Florida with my cousins, Aunt and Uncle on Sunday, so I understand about cramming things in! I have to get my photography project done because the week I get back is our 4h fair judging!
    Have a wonderful week!

    Madeline

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)