Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Little Juliet

Looky what happened here on our homestead last Friday, around 5 pm...



Yes! Anna-belle, our Jersey milk cow, gave birth to a little heifer...



And what a precious and sweet little girl she is...



Well, unless you stick a camera in her face when she is trying to eat. Then she acts like a typical child...



And guess what the birth of little Juliet means for this country gal. Back to my job of milk maid. I can feel my arms toning up nicely right now...



We are so thankful that Anna-belle had a smooth birth for the most part. I thought for a moment I was going to have to pull the calf out. (the head was a bit stuck for awhile there). But after leaving Anna-belle to herself, she had no problem whatsoever.

We are also not keeping the milk currently. We are milking her once a day, and letting the calf have the rest. Hopefully we should separate the mama and baby this weekend, and then we will be able to keep the milk for ourselves.

Oh and how I can't wait for all the fresh cheese, and butter, and ice cream, and tall glasses of Nesquick. Wow, guess I'm going to up my walking time soon... ;P

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so glad that the birth went smoothly and that you have a little heifer!!! Hooray!!! :-) :-) :-)

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)