Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sudden Urge to Pray

Wow. Have you ever just felt this sudden urge to pray for something or someone, out of the total blue? You just felt like you had to stop, take a moment, and ask the LORD for a specific request. I had a moment like that this evening, and the LORD's hand was so evident after it.

I was outside finishing up my daily walk, and had just sat down to take a breather before watering my flowers. I thought I would take the time to text Justin, and see how he was doing today. For some reason (a reason only from GOD) I felt the urge to pray for his safety, as I assumed he was working on demolishing an old pump house at our church.

It was about 15 maybe 20 minutes before I got a response. He said he was leaving the church and would text me when he got home. Another 20 minutes rolls by and I get a pic showing me the work he had done on the building.



Then to wait for the next message. No lie, my heart sank. I knew something was wrong...

A few minutes later, he sends a text telling me had stepped on some wire mesh from the building, and it had gone through his shoe and poked his foot...

I'm just praising the LORD for HIS protection and guidance this evening. That wire could have gone all the way through Justin's foot, and caused who knows what kind of damage. GOD was watching over HIM big time this evening. And this gal is so thankful that the damage is no more severe...

My point from all this: If the LORD lays a certain prayer request on your heart quite suddenly, respond to it. Don't shrug it off. GOD has a reason for laying it on your heart. Yield to HIM, and bring that person straight to Christ in prayer.

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

2 comments:

  1. Have had these times. I just know when to pray. It is very insistant. LOL

    Hope he is ok and all is well.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angel, I'm so glad that you obeyed the Lord's leading and prayed for Justin - and I'm so thankful that his injury wasn't any worse! I pray that he would recover quickly and have as little pain as possible!!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)