Thursday, July 5, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Is it just me, or does today feel like Monday? This whole business of a holiday coming in the middle of the week has this gal all mixed up. But that's okay. Washing eggs tomorrow should bring me back to reality. :D

What a busy, fun, blessing filled week it has been though. Today is the first day I have spent solely at home in over a week. And I must say, it has felt pretty nice focusing on work around here, and yes even being a tad bit on the lazy side... ;)

So, how did this last week keep me hopping? Let me show you...

Last Thursday our church took a trip to the mountains to enjoy some camping and rafting around Bryson City. We left last Thursday and came back Saturday.

On the way...



Our camp site all set up...



There was a creek running through the grounds. Just listening to it flow at night, with all the crickets, and campfire sounds, oh it was pure bliss...







Beautiful mountain view behind our tent site...



Kids wading in the creek Friday morning before we headed out rafting...



;)



We stopped for a picnic lunch along the river. And of course basked in the sights and sounds of the Nantahala River...



Saturday evening I also has the wonderful opportunity of joining Justin's family for an evening of bowling. I'm not very good at bowling, but spending time with Justin's family was awesome....



We had a pretty bad storm roll through Sunday afternoon. It knocked down quite a few branches, and caused several around here to loose power...



I thought I would be crying the next morning. I thought for sure my sunflowers were destroyed in the wind. But praise the LORD! Only 2 stems snapped, and the rest are blooming more beautifully than ever...





Independence Day dawned bright and early. Before sunrise to be exact. Me, Justin, and my brother Noah set out early to watch the sun come up over the Atlantic...









That afternoon our church held a softball game/cookout, followed by a trip to fireworks on a riverfront...













The rest of this week looks to be a busy one as well. I am in charge of arts and crafts for our church's VBS in less than two weeks. I spent most of today planning that out, and writing a list of supplies we will need. But a lot more work is needed there.

How has your week been? I pray it has been a wonderful one for you! :D

Have a wonderfully blessed day my friends! Thanks for stopping by!
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE to hear from you all out there. Just please remember to keep everything kind and Christ-like. In the words of that wise papa rabbit, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all". :)