But I don't want you to feel all sad from that news. Because even though this news is not great, there is some good in it. GOD's goodness.
So, what's some of the goodness and blessings GOD has shown through this trial?
1. The cancer was found very early. The tumor was confined to my ovary, which was removed. Chemo will be given as the type of cancer cells are fast growing, and will more than likely come back without the chemo.
2. There is a 90% success rate with the chemotherapy.
3. My husband and I have been drawn more close than I ever thought possible.
4. I've been able to spend a lot of time with my mom and sister while they have taken care of me post op.
5. I have a new appreciation and wonder for the simple things in life. Including the ability to wash dishes (which I have always loathed...)
6. I'm going to learn how to cover my head with pretty scarves, and hats.
I'll admit, I have had a VERY hard time accepting this. Being told that this natural living, herbal remedy loving gal is going to have chemicals put into her veins, to heal her body, has not set well.
The thought of being completely exhausted and nauseated all the time terrifies me.
Hence the reason there have been more tears flowing this past week, than I am pretty sure my entire life...
But, GOD has brought me to the place that I know I can fully trust HIM with my future. I am not to worry about tomorrow, or the next day. Only today. I am going to have to take this one day at a time.
But hey! We are all called to live our days like that...
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Matthew 6:34
I am not sure when I will be blogging again. As the severity of side effects from the chemo cannot be known until I am in it. I will be going through 3 cycles. So as long as no complications arise to delay it, I will be finishing up around the first of October.
I would like to use this blog as an outlet to share GOD's glory during this time. But I cannot know for sure if I will be able to. So, if you would like to stay updated, drop me an e-mail, or a message on Pinterest, and I hope to stay in touch there. :)
So my dear friends, please continue to pray. Pray the side effects will not be too severe, and I will have strength to endure them. Prayers that there will be no complications from infection or cell level counts, are needed as well.
Remember, GOD is good, ALL the time!
Have a wonderfully blessed day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. Since I was told I would lose my hair, I figured it would be wise to get a shorter style to help lessen the shock, as I am one to panic if the length is any bit touched during a trim. Surprisingly, I like it. Everyone says it looks like Rapunzels, from Tangled. And I agree. What do you think? :D